Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My family's coming!!!

I am completely in shock over the recent news that my mom, dad and both my brothers will be coming to visit me in November for Thanksgiving!!!!! Given how expensive tickets are and that they are buying my plane ticket home this summer, I never even dreamed that they would all be able to come at all but a recent huge deal in South African Airlines (a 75th anniversary promotion) allowed my whole family to fly to Dakar at a pretty reasonable price. I cant even put my excitement into words...

Because of all of their school schedules (mom and dad being high school teachers, danny a high school student, and cory at ND), they can only stay for a little over a week but hopefully will be able to make it all the way up to Boghe for an african Thanksgiving…

In other exciting news, Im leaving for Dakar next Tuesday for WAIST (a softball tournament for expats and pcvs in west Africa). Its like the biggest week of the year for Mauritanian PCVs so im really excited for that and then right after WAIST ends Eddie is landing in Dakar for a two week Senegalese vaca. I feel like im on cloud nine….

1 comment:

mom said...

We are all so excited to come. I can't belive that I am going to Africa!! And to visit my Teresa in her home..unbelievable.
Love
Mom