Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Faux 23rd BDay Party

Because Yates will be out of town for my real birthday, her and Julie decided to throw me a little mini faux bday party last weekend. Since everyone else was down in St. Louis for Jazz Fest, it ended up being just me, Yates, Julie and Zach but it was still such a great day! By the time I came over to the house in the morning they had already hung ballons from our big neem tree (Yates actually thought I may not notice the ballons due to all the trash and plastic bags that are in the tree haha ). Then we made enchiladas for lunch and spent all afternoon lounging in the kiddie pool. They even made me two desserts, a banana cake with chocolate icing and Zach’s famous mango pie (with colorful coconut shavings on top). Sadly, by the time the cake was cut the fluish sickness I had been fighting the whole day got the best of me and the drinking games we had planned were replaced with sleep, but I still could not have asked for a more perfect faux bday party! Now onto Bamako to celebrate my real bday!











look how good our enchiladas look!!! its amazing wht creativity and some velvetta can do!













its always so sad when we have to drain the kiddie pool at the end of the day













No comments: