Thursday, October 2, 2008

this is my life

so i woke up in the middle of the night to something scurrying around my head at the top of my head. by the time i pulled out my flashlight it was gone but i knew i wasnt crazy because it left little mouse like droppings behind on my sheets. i think great, i have a mouse playing on my face and in my hair while i sleep. so i tucked my mosquito net under my mattress like i should have done a while ago and went back to bed. i woke up this morning and was looking under my cot for the mouse with my flashlight and sure enough, found more droppings but no mouse. when i lifted up the floor mat to look for the mouse i found a scorpion. about 3 inches long. pretty big. and scary. and i chased it around the room till i killed it with a book. that was my morning. this is my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! I step away from the blogs for a few days and you're being attacked by scorpions!! I think all the PCVs are happy that Ramadan is over -- especially the newer PCVs who just want to get started on their assignments. Enjoy the next few days of rest -- you'll look back fondly on them I'm sure!! ;o)

Vicki

Unknown said...

AAAHHHHH!!!