Thursday, November 20, 2008

"les actualites"

So as another new craft project for my center im making a bulliten board of current events (or les actualites in french) for my center titles Mauritanie et la Monde (Mauritania and the world). so many people here have no idea of current events, geography and other culture in general (minus Barack Obama haha) so i am trying to collect newspaper/magazine clippings (preferably with pictures) that would interest the girls. For example, I have an article on a girls' basketball club in the arab section of Jeruselam (thanks Vicki!). I want to try and make a connection with the rest of the world and Boghe.

So if you see anything that might be good I would really appreciate you sending them to me! Thanks!

1 comment:

braymals said...

is baseketball a big interest there or are you just trying to implement some interest? just curious. i will keep an eye out for any articles your girls might find interesting but for the most part, most of what i will come upon is medical. maybe i can look for something in women's health.