Wednesday, July 30, 2008

some reflection...

my site visit came at the perfect time... after 5 weeks of sitting through tech sessions and struggling to learn pulaar and french i was ready for a reality check. the visit made me remember that im here to do something good and that i will be given a chance to do that something good just once i get to swear in august 28th. ill be able to use my training to do whatever i want and that kind of freedom and responcibility is both exciting and a little scary. what does or doesnt happen at the GMC is completly up to me. the food situation of being able to make good, american food (with relative ease) whenever i want is also helping me get through the next few weeks of food with my mauritanian family. dont get me wrong, my family has been extremely accomendating and i think im getting some of the best food out of all the trainees but after getting a taste of the possiblities of cooking for yourself its hard to go back to eating whatever people make for you.

so im trying to learn as much as i can these next few weeks but also counting down til swear in! only 29 days away....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
I love reading your blog. Once I get Matthew in school again, I will have more free time to get some goodies together for a package to send. I am having lunch with your mom next week. I haven't seen her much this summer, so that will be nice. I think of you often and glad to hear that you are doing so well. Love, Carrie